Monday, December 11, 2006

Chelsea and I took our first long walk in several days this morning. We went out of Tall Grass, around Lions Park and through the woods. She was very pleased with me.

I stopped to see Mother before and after Bible Study this morning. She is still very weak but sounds a bit stronger. I called tonight and she said that she ate a real meal, chicken, mashed potatoes and jello for supper tonight. That is the first solid food besides soup and soft boiled eggs that she has had in days. Tomorrow, Jeff will take her to see Dr. Hancock. We will be relieved when she is given a clean bill of health AND feels like it.

Bible study was nice. The next week's readings are about the joy and exulting in your heart. God is in our midst and will "sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals." Isn't that pretty?
The Gospel is about John the Baptist coming out of the desert to make way for Jesus. We were very lively.

This afternoon, I spent with my fellow writers at Arabella's in Sheboygan for our Christmas party. We exchange gifts and get door prizes and eat and share ideas. This year our co presidents Ann Pirrung and Jane Kocmoud turned over the gavel to our new co presidents, John Textor and Sue Bartenstein. John had to accept the gavel himself because Sue was unable to come to the party. On February 10, the Sheboygan County Writer will celebrate 50 years in existence. I belonged to the club back in 1959 and 60 or thereabouts, just before I moved to California. We will have an event at Mead on that Saturday from 1 to 4. John has suggested that all members who want to should bring a poem, or a short essay printed on half of a 8 1/2 by 14 sheet of paper and we will assemble little books to be available for maybe .50, the cost of the item. We will display a history of the club and works from members who wish to display and hopefully get a bit of publicity. Sounds like lots of fun.

I got a book called Fondling your Muse from Sylvia Bright-Green. (Yes that REALLY is her name and she is an excellent writer). and a door prize of a little blue carrying case that I can use instead of folders to go to the meetings.

I made up a little poem that I put on a card to go with the present that I brought for the gift exchange. Here it is:

Reason for the Season

Sparkling
Birthday Candles!
The stars in the heavens
Proclaim the birthday of the King.
Everlasting.

I had a dream last night - it was two part. I dreamt that we were moving again and no matter how much we packed and cleaned and how much help we had there was no end to the stuff and/or the dirt. Then the second part had to do with the fact that Jim and Michelle saw a deer in front of the condo when they got home last night and had a heck of a time getting it to move so they could get in the garage. In my dream, I found out that it was not a deer at all. It was a kangaroo. Wait until I tell Michelle that.

Have a nice tomorrow.

Love

Mary

No comments: