Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We went to see Annie with Mother tonight. First we had dinner at Nino's. I was hungry for steak and ordered the first t-bone that I have had in years. That used to be my Dad's favorite steak. He and my Uncle George would go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve every year and then fix t-bones for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning. Following their sumptious breakfast they would gather up the Christmas presents for all of us from both the Grandpa Deeley and the Grandpa Bowser houses and get them all distributed around the living room.

I remember that for many years Mother and Dad would decorate the tree on Christmas Eve after we were in bed. We would wake up to a fairyland and piles of gifts scattered all over the living room. Did I tell you that we "lost" the tree at least once a year for several years and finally Dad put an eye hook on the wall and would anchor it with a rope. With nine kids and lord knows how many animals it was just easier to keep it upright.

Annie was a delight. The voices were wonderful and the dancing exuberant and nice. The kids were cute, of course. One of the orphans is the granddaughter of my friend Mary Schroeder so that was fun. I had not seen her for perhaps 7 years and she has grown to be a lovely young lady. One forgets some of the great music in some of the musicals. We hear Tomorrow and Hard Knock Live so often, but what about Easy Street and Somebody's Baby. Both just great and done so well tonight. The stage design was fun and inventive.

Altogether a lovely evening.

Now it is time for bed. Tomorrow we get to stay home ALL day again. I intend to finish another side of the garage. Wish me luck and stamina.

Pray for Bart, Jim and Dick tonight.

Love

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.