Sunday, October 01, 2006

I went to Mass in Sheboygan Falls today. The countdown will be starting soon. I have decided to stay there through October so that I can get the one even t for the Senior Saints scheduled and done before I leave. After Mass, I talked to Helen and Judy Markgarf (actually that is their maiden name) and found out that their sister Janice, who had knee surgery is not doing as well as they hoped. The healing is slow and she has some really bad days. Must keep her in our prayers. Helen is in the bible study and says that she is DEFINATELY coming tomorrow. She has been unable to come several times lately, partly because she has been helping Janice.

Anyway, then I visited with Mother for a bit and stayed long enough to walk her over to the Mass at 10:30. My brother George called while I was ther and we had a bit of a visit.

Home again. Dick and I had our usual Sunday Brunch. Chelsea is relieved to know that that part of our life hasn't changed. She does enjoy Sunday Brunches.

We spent the rest of the day just puttering. I finished storing the herbs that I harvested. I am trying something new, freezing, from some information that I got on the net. I am sure of the thyme but not the lavender leaves. I had two kinds of thyme too so we will have to take advantage of that. Dick got three boxes emptied and put away.

Dick called from Madison this afternoon. Concerned because Jim "resigned" from the library. A long story that is not good. Jim has been putting feelers out and has several leads. We will be seeing Dick and Brenda at the wedding in three weeks. They are also fine though missing their Darwin kitty. They have "adopted" a couple of cats at the Humane Society. Paying a fee for a chosen cat to pay for its care until it finds a home. They are not ready for another cat in the house quite yet.

Bart called just for a phone number but I am always glad to hear from him. And Jacquie called. She and George are in good health but things don't get any easier as Dick and I are finding out. (The main reason we moved was to make things easier.) George is 84 going on 85 and I believe that Jacquie is close to Dick's age. We had a really nice visit. I miss that lady. She is really a special person.

Dick took me out for supper tonight. We went to the Wilderness over on 57. Dick had spaghetti and I got garlic shrimp. Both very good. When we got home, we called Jim and Michelle to see if they wanted to play some cards- and they DID. We played one game of hearts and then rummy until it was time for Michelle to go home and get to bed. 5:15 AM comes mighty early and she has to get up then to get to work on time tomorrow.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing t o look at either.

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

Hope the above start your week off with a laugh.

Mary

No comments: