Friday, October 06, 2006

It was a breakfast day again. As we had to go shopping again too. We picked up a shelf unit for the office closet and a little shelf cabinet for the downstairs bedroom.

When we got home, I put the unit together in the office and then unpacked another box and stacked paper and supplies on the unit.

Then I went to lunch with Ceil, Joyce, Dawn, Mary and Barb at the Dairy Queen and went to Wal Mart for some batting for a quilt that is ready to assemble.

Tonight I shot. I did OK all 30 shots on the target. I was using Randy Walter's advice and relaxing my elbow instead of holding my arm all stiff. He said to rely on my eye not my stiff arm. In time it will work. I was not unhappy with the results.

Then I watched Ghost Whisperer and cut apart two pair of jeans that will become a quilt eventually. I just need to cut the trimmed pieces into 6 1/2 inch squares.

Breakfast out has always been special to us. To Dick and I because we just like it. It gets us going in the morning when we have errands out of the house and when I was working was a good way to spend fun time together when he took me to work.

I used to take Bart to school most of the time after we moved here until he got his own car. Breakfast was a special time for us too. I treasured those times because it was just US and we could share what was happening to him and to me too. We made a good pair, I always thought. We were always so proud that we traveled all the way from California to Minnesota to Wisconsin, just Bart, Zero and Me. It was scary but we learned that we could do anything and I thought the times were good. We even bought a house. Just us. I feel sad now. I wish we could go back. But I don't think I would do anything differently anyway. All I could do was be there and love.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda. We just do the best we can with what we have.



Be good to yourself

Mary

Some Guiness was spilled on the barroom floor
When the pub wash shut for the night.
When out of the dark came a wee brown mouse
And he stood in the bright moonlight.

He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor
Then back on his haunches he sat
And all night long you could hear him roar
"Bring on the goddamned cat!"

No comments: