Thursday, August 10, 2006

Did anyone miss me yesterday. I just got all tired at the end of they day and did not post.

We were home most of the day. I packed some more boxes and Dick took them out to the garage. It is getting full out there. At 4:30PM I went over to Ebenezeer Church and had the quilt that Mother found between the pieces of ticking in the Deeley garage appraised. I want to give it to Becky, who loves antiques and has such a love of the family history. But I wanted her to have a value on it by an expert. The woman who did the appraisal, Carol Butzke, is one of only 14 quilt appraisers certified by the American Quilting Society in the nation. It is quite fascinating to watch her work and she explains as she goes along.

Then last evening I went to the Quilt Guild where Carol gave a lecture on the origin and history of Sunbonnet Sue in literature and quilting. I was glad that I took the time. I think I will make some version of Sunbonnet Sue just to have done it now that I see what imagination can do with the basic premise.

Today was the BIG Brewer game arranged by Uncle Leif Salvesen to gather all who could come together. We had a fun tailgate. There were lots of us. Myself, Jeff and Kathy with daughter Sara, Donna and Randy with all three daughters, Jessica (who left the park in a BUS to go back home in downtown Milwaukee. We all wondered if she was REALLY old enough to go on the bus all alone.) Erin, with boyfriend Josh, and Becky with husband Bryan. (Have I lost you yet.) Then there were Nora and Leif who brought Fred and Eileen with them. Eileen and Fred's son John came from Chicago with my nephew Shawn, George and Betsy's son, who also lives in Chicago. We were rounded off with my Jim and Michelle and Leif's friend Bob Doody and his wife Mary Ann.

Mary Ann and I discovered that we both went to high school at St. Mary's Academy in St. Francis many years ago. Me, several years before her. They are a nice couple. She has her own landscape and design company. I am impressed.

We had a great tailgate. Brats and portobello mushroom sandwiches, salads, cucumber sandwiches, bruschetta and other snacks. And to make the day perfect, the Brewers won.

It was hot in the stadium. They left the roof closed, which I think was dumb, but there was rain projected. I suppose it costs too much to close if they were afraid of having to open it again.

I am tired now again and will close with a quote that I liked from an e mail that I received from my friend Janet.

"Do what you can, for who you can with what you have, and where you are."

We are so blessed, I wish all these blessings for the children of this world. They deserve it. Maybe their parents don't, but the children do. At least a full tummy, a warm bed and a few hugs a day.


Mary

No comments: