Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another busy day that ended with a very fun evening.

Got up a little late. Dick was up early and kept Chelsea out of the bedroom so I was able to sleep until 6:30AM. WOW. Then I showered and fixed breakfast for Dick, Jim, Michelle and myself. Then I packed a few boxes and finished an article for the Celtic Women Newsletter. Then I napped.

I napped because this evening I went to karaoke with Jim and Michelle to Hauser's Hideout in Port Washington. We were there once before to see Michelle's friends Randy and Diane, who are Almost Live, a dj and karaoke service. Tonight was a birthday party for someone named Scott. They called him Scotty the Hottie, which Jim told me is a wrestler or fighter's name. He had a wonderful time but I am afraid that he will not feel that way in the morning and he spent a fortune. The saddest part was when he tried to sing. But Michelle, Jim and myself all sang and had a great time.

For some reason or other, I was thinking today about some friends of mine back in California. They belonged to the same jeep club as we did. Big Al and Mary had three daughters. The girls at one time decided to get their Mother a dog. She wanted one of those dogs that is kind of small and its hair kind of covers their eyes. I forget the breed now. Well, they saw an ad in the paper, so called the owner and went over to see the dog to see if it would work.

The owner was a nervious wreck. One of the girls was only about 11 years old. The other two were older teens. For some reason, this owner was concerned about the dog going to a home with "young children." But it was a sweet dog and the girls liked her and finally talked her into selling the dog to them.

So they paid her and loaded the dog into the car and started to drive off. As they were driving off the woman started running frantically after them and flagged them down at the end of the driveway. She leaned into the window and said. "By the way, the dog is blind in one eye."

The kids were shocked but decided to keep the dog anyway. It turned out to be a perfect pet and whenever anything was a little weird someone in that family would say, "By the way, the dog is blind in one eye."

Sometimes blind in one eye is not such a bad thing.

Love

Mary

No comments: