Thursday, July 06, 2006

We did our grocery shopping this morning. The store was cold. I guess it seemed colder because it was so pleasant outside. We got gas this morning. Can not believe spending $42 for a tank of gas. It is obscene.

I spent part of the afternoon, e-mailing and calling different sources to try to find dancers for the Celtic Faire. I will know next Monday or Tuesday, but talked to a man called Reuel Zielke who coordinates the Caledonian Scottish Dancers. He was encouraging. He will be meeting with the dancers and the piper this weekend and will get back to me. The Faire is held during their natural hiatus (after Irish Fest and before they need to get practicing for holidays) but he was hopeful.

Next I have to call Beth Hoegger, choir director, and Jim Wilsing, our local piper, to plan the Mass for this year.

I think I will do the inserting of my words into the music of "For Ireland, I Won't Say Her Name." tonight. It is good to be getting all these little crummy chores caught up and out of the way. Next week, I want to get back to sewing on the banner and the quilts for quilt show.

I fixed merengue shells last night and we had them tonight with fresh sliced peaches and cool whip. Really refreshing. I made two and they were so big, I split one for tonight and we will have the other tomorrow night. I love the Allrecipes site. You can cut a recipe down by just reducing the number of servings. This will become more useful as time goes along.

Tomorrow, I will be going to Plymouth for lunch, the bank and a stop for a consult at Sun Graphics. The book is getting close and I need to be sure that I have things in a manner that they can work with.

Have a nice Friday


Mary

No comments: