Sunday, May 21, 2006

What a fun birthday. Not so great to begin with. That goofy Chelsea tried to get me up at 5:25AM. I let her go potty and then went back to bed and shut her in the hall until 6:00. Then we went for our walk.

I left for church at about 9:00AM so I could visit with Mother a bit before heading over to church to warm up for singing at the 10:30 Mass. Cindy Dorn, a choir member, started everybody singing Happy Birthday. As it happened, her husband and oldest daughter had gone to the 8AM mass. When they came home her daughter said, "Guess what, today is Mary Kunert's birthday." Cindy, mistakenly said "Did you read that in the "bible" (meaning to say "bulletin".) Her daughter said. "No, Mom, she is not THAT old."

Cindy told Fr. Gene the story. He did not tell the story to the whole congregation, but did announce to the whole crowd that I was 26 again.

A fun afternoon too. Jim, Michelle, Dick and I played Hearts. It was a lot of fun. We haven't played cards in SO long. Must do that again.

Got really nice cards to greet me when I woke up this morning. It turned out to be a special Birthday and turned out to last two days, Yesterday and today.

Hope your week is good. It is supposed to be warming up finally. I plan on planting the herbs on Tuesday and getting Dick out to choose the rest of the plants on Wednesday. (Don't tell him.)

All my love.

Mary

No comments: