Monday, May 22, 2006

There was frost on the grass when I walked this morning. The temperature was 37 degrees. I thought it was supposed to be spring. Well, it did warm up nicely to the mid to upper 50s and is still pleasant this evening. There is no wind and the sun shone all day.

I spent a good chunk of the day at church. Bible Study, as usual, this morning. We had 8 attendees. An average group. We won't meet next week because of the holiday and then the following week, Tom and Kathy will be back. That is a big YEA!! because it means that Tom is done with the treatments for his cancer. I saw Kathy and she said that all went well so far. Now we all need to pray and cross our fingers that it is ALL gone.

This afternoon, a bunch of volunteers met to stuff the letter and raffle tickets for Celtic Faire. What a mess, everybody started just stuffing and labeling, willy nilly. Makes my business mind go on overload, so I took over making sure that they remained in alphabetical order. We put them in the vestibule at church to be picked up and Alphabetical order is a MUST. The prizes are 1. A trip to Ireland or $1000. 2. $300. 3. 18 Holes of Golf at The Bull. 4. Dinner and Overnight stay at 52 Stafford for two and 5. $100.

THEN - tonight I met a few of the Trinity Quilters to begin the hand quilting on the quilt that we are putting together to raffle, also at Celtic Faire. It is just BEAUTIFUL. I recommend that you ALL buy tickets for both the quilt and for the other raffle. They are the same price. $1 each or 6 for $5. (They are separate raffles but both well worth it. Just wait until you see the quilt. A queen size by the way.)

I learned something tonight. I pricked my finger and got some blood on the quilt. Chris Nett said that she learned that your own spit will dissolve your own blood. AND it WORKED. Hope that doesn't turn you off from buying tickets. You will never find it, I bet.

Michelle started her new job today. She was very excited.

I talked to Bret yesterday. He called for my birthday. He sounds good.

All my love

Mary

No comments: