Friday, May 26, 2006

It was a beautiful day. Temps were in the upper 70s and there was a gentle breeze to smooth it down. It was nice from the beginning when Chelsea and I took our walk to the end when I was out at Rhine for the bust up party. Sara got beef tips, potatoes, corn and rolls for the bust up dinner AND Bill Olson brought his famous homemade peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. So we ate like royalty.

There was a rather sparse crowd, probably because of it being the holiday weekend. Bobbie and I earmed trophies for the pistol league. Bobbie is an Expert and I am a Sharpshooter. Bobbie wasn't there so I brought her trophy home with me. I do improve with each league.

I got the planting done this afternoon after I came back from Plymouth and lunch with the retired bankers. That was a pleasant break. I had not seen them for several weeks.

This weekend will be quiet except for Sunday when I will pick up Mother in the afternoon. She wants me to drive through the cemetery so we can check the flower boxes. She puts out a lot of them. Dad and Matt and Mickey and Aunt Nonnie and Uncle Jack and Grandma and Grandpa Bowser. And now Courtney is with Dad. I imagine that George and Betsy will send flowers for her. It is a pretty cemetery. I already bought a plot near my folks.

I don't have much else. I am tired. Perhaps I will have a story for you tomorrow night. Tonight I will quote you from the Cadfael Book of Days.

"You are your own master, however ill you master yourself."


Love

Mary

No comments: