Monday, May 01, 2006

Chelsea and I had a very nice walk this morning. It was not raining then, but did pick up as the day went on. The only problem I had was that she woke me up WAY to early. 5:25AM. The trouble with digital clocks is that you know the EXACT time.

Bible Study was very stimulating this morning. We even got into the immigration issue and we all agree that the important term here, that seems to have been forgotten by the media is that we were talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. Illegal is illegal. I have no problem with immigrants. I also believe that if they intend to live here they need to speak English. English is our language. I also think that they can learn our National Anthem in English and should fly the United States flag not a foreign one. It should be flown it in a proper respectful manner. People who cross the borders illegally into our country should be either imprisoned or deported. I heard that Mexico handles the illegal immigrants from their southern border by imprisoning them for two years and then deporting them. I don't see massive protests about peoples rights in Mexico.

We had some great rain midday. It is nice to see everything turning green again. Now we will get a warm day and everything will go bonkers and I will have to be out trimming and weeding like a crazy person.

Tonight I joined Ken, Randy and Jeff out at the 57 and J to check out the lay of the land for Turkey hunting. Part of the fields are planted in alfalfa so it is a bit easier walking out. My feet got all wet and muddy anyway. We did see a couple of hens working their way accross one of the fields. I can't go on the first day so Jeff is going to sit where I usually do and I will go there on Thursday. It is supposed to rain on Wednesday BUT Thusday they are predicting just a cloudy day. On the way out Jeff stepped on a bunny. It squeaked just like a squeaky toy and ran away. I am sure it was not hurt badly because the ground is so soft and wet. We also found the carcass of a deer. The coyotes have been feeding on it and someone has taken the horns.

Did I tell you that I have my own decoy and my own camo half fence this year? Every year I get a little more equipped.

Have a nice day tomorrow. It is a quiet one for me.

All my love

Mary

No comments: