Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The weather was lovely today. The temps were in the mid to high 50s and we were out in it for a bit.

Dick and I went to the funeral of Wally Horvatinec, who worked in maintenance at the library for MANY years. Jim came also, because Wally was his boss for 14 years or more and Jim was very fond of him.

Then we drove out to St.Mary Cemetery so I could get a lay of the land as far as how the graves are situated in the Deeley area. On the way home we stopped at Walgreens to pick up a couple of prescriptions and went to Harry's Diner for lunch.

When I got home, I called George and told him all that I had found out and they finalized their plans for the interment on Saturday at noon. Courtney will rest right on top of her Grandpa Hutz Deeley's coffin, just about in his lap. That will be comforting to George and Betsey as she and Dad had a really close relationship. Courtney lived out of state, most of the time, but they wrote letters in between visits. It was special. Dad wrote a poem especially for her too.

You might enjoy it.

Courtney dear you make me happy
A joy, a cheer to your Grandpappy
Cute as a bug, I love your hug.
Pretty and sharp you'll always be
One thing I don't like, you are so far away
And I don't get to see you grow up every day.
But when you come here a thrill it's to me
To see that you are still as sweet as can be
So bigger or not what difference Really
To me you will still be my Courtney Deeley.

Now, we mainly have to wait. Such a sad time.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: