Sunday, April 16, 2006

Last night the phone rang at 10:00PM. This is a bit unusual under any circumstances, but when I heard my brother George's voice, for some reason, I was thinking, perhaps Houston was in a different time zone. I now remember that it is not. However, the news that he called to tell me was heartbreaking. Their daughter, Courtney, took her own life that morning. They had tried to call her all morning, then called work and though she WAS supposed to be there, had not showed up. So George and Betsy called the police to check and the police found her. Randy, Donna and I met at Mother's at about 9AM so someone would be with her when George called to tell her the news. It is heartbreaking and watching Mother hear the news was one of the most difficult.

We, Randy, Donna, their girls, Mother and myself all went to Mass. I asked Fr. Gene to ask the congregation for prayers, so a lot are being said for Courtney and for the family. We need them to get through this difficult acceptance. So you can help us out too. George told Randy that he should hug all three of his girls and then go back and hug them again.

The rest of Easter and I am exhausted. Jim picked up his girlfriend, Michelle, and she spent the afternoon and had dinner with us and Bobbie and Bill. I guess menitoned that she was coming yesterday, but just in case you just tuned in.

Michelle is fun, charming and lovely. We had a wonderful time and hope to spend more time with her in the future. Dick even gave her his chocolate bunny.

Jim, Michelle and I went out to Rhine to shoot in mid afternoon. Michelle chose to just watch, but I think she will join us the next time. She did like the club and the people she met. Not too many as Easter was a dud for business. Only about a dozen people, including us, and all were members who could have come anyway.

My first target was a dud again, only a 36, the other two were better 52 and 62 so I think from now on, I will shoot a practice target. (Then it will probably be my best one but we have to try.) I also shot a round of trap with Krunch as the Falls Club will start their league sometime in May and if Rosalee will shoot with me I would like to try again. Remember, I was Most Improved the last league there.

Today I only got a 14 in trap today, but after a whole winter of not shooting, I figure it will only improve. I was not following through - Need to reestablish my rythum.

The meal turned out really good. I will be reheating different combinations all week.

It is now time to call it a day. Remember our sweet Courtney and my brother and Betsy in your prayers. They need SO much comforting.



Love and Happy Easter


Mary

No comments: