Friday, April 21, 2006

Today I went on a cooking frenzy. I had to do something to keep busy. As we will be eating at Randy's after the funeral, and Sunday is the Volunteer dinner at church, I made a big pot of chili for the guys and to enjoy part of next week too. I made carrot raison salad, cucumber salad, two pans of bars, (rhubarb and mint brownie) and the Kinert Spinach Noodl Casserole for dinner.

Michelle and Jim both got off work early today, so Michelle came up to spend the afternoon and evening with us (mainly Jim of course) they are watching movies downstairs. She passed another test, she likes the Kunert casserole.

It was beautiful for most of the day, though this afternoon it has become cloudy and a few raindrops are falling. George and Betsy and Nora and Leif arrived this afternoon. Stenn (Nora's son) and Shawn and Sara (George's son and wife) came too along with Sara's parents. Sara's Dad, Dwight, is going to conduct the graveside service for us.

It is good for all of us to be together and we are glad that they brought Courtney home to us. All the people do tire Mother, is is so important fo us all to be here, despite that.

I saw the workers getting ready for tomorrow night's spaghetti dinner fundraiser for St. Mary School, so I went over and gave the tickets that Dick and I had purchased to my friend Cindy to see if she could find someone who could use them as we will not be able to go. Cindy said that she would give one to her sister who is coming and planned to buy a ticket but is on rent assistance and this would be a nice surprise. Perhaps they can find another person who has a need.

Cadfael's reading for the day was thought provoking. "If I have guessed right, there is here a problem beyond my wit or yours to solve. I promise my endeavour. The ending is not mine, it belongs only to God. But what I can to, I will do."

Special

Mary

No comments: