Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Today was better. The weather was lovely. Chelsea, however, seemed to be tired on her walk. She kept sitting down about when we got to the end of the street and did not want to go the full distance. I did not make her either. She is getting old, after all, and should have some choice in the matter. And frankly, usually she is the one dragging me the last half mile or so.

We racked the second batch of wild grape, the one without the bananas in it, to the secondary fermentors. I have to remember to check the specific gravity tomorrow. It is the most beautiful color. A deep deep purple.

Tonight, Rocky Knoll put on a thank you dinner for the volunteers. I have helped throughout the year by going with the church group to play bingo with the residents. They alway have a nice dinner, give out cute party favors, lots of door prizes and have entertainment. This year the entertainment was a Celtic Harpist playing a wirestrung Celtic Harp. I could not understand the introduction. Then when I went to see about getting a tape or CD (which I knew I would have to send for because I didn't bring that kind of cash with me) Imagine my delight when I discovered that he is Jeff Pockat. I have a CD of his that I got almost 20 years ago from Heather in Wausau. She thought I would enjoy his music and lent me the tape. I did and eventually purchased one for myself and another one for a gift to Fr. Mike Moran who loved traditional Irish Music. He gave nice introductions to his music and played a lot from way back when, including two from Carolan.

A nice break. Tomorrow we begin again.

We are going to pool our money that would be used for flowers or such and donate in a lump sum to the Humane Society. They will then engrave Courtney's name on a glass door in the Cat Room. Kathy and I started to laugh as we remembered the when Courtney worked at the Shelter in Texas, Betsy used to say that her daughter worked in a Cat House.


Love

Mary

No comments: