Saturday, April 29, 2006

This was a stay at home day. Such a pleasure after busy weeks. I feel better today too. My cold seems to have subsided somewhat. I hope so because the coming week is starting to get filled up.

Jim's Michelle came to Sheboygan for the afternoon. It is nice that he has his area with the den downstairs because they can just do their thing and listen to their music and WE can do ours. I know that Jim was getting his laptop ready for her to take with her on a training business trip that she is taking early next week. Actually, she leaves tomorrow and comes back Wednesday. We enjoy having her around. She likes pork and lima beans and rhubarb pie.

Pork and lima beans is really good. Even Jim was surprised when he first had it. He was prepared to be unhappy but found out that it is good. It is VERY simple.

Four pork chops or pork steaks (preferably boneless)
1 large package of frozen green limas
2 cans of cream soups (I use the reduced fat and any variety like cream of mushroom
or chicken or celery)
1 small can of French's Fried onions
Velveeta cheese

Spray a casserole or baking dish. Layer the chops in the dish. Salt and pepper. Put a few slices of Velveeta on top of the chops. Spread the limas on top of all. Then mix the two cans of soups together and pour over the whole thing. Top with the onions and bake for one to on and one half hours at 350 degrees.

I did my research so I believe that I can fill out the paperwork for Rhine Plymouth's tax status. However, I am going to ask Bobbie and John to agree with me before I continue as the packet is 26 pages long. Granted, most of it does not relate, but one has to go throuth the whole darn thing to find that out.

I, also completed the workbook that I am preparing for Blessed Trinity's Environment Committee as far as I can at this point.

AND I sent some poems to two writing contests. One through Writer's Digest and the other through the WI. Regional Writers Association. So, whew! I was busy.


I decided to end with one of my poems. I sent it to the Milwaukee Art Museum. I don't THINK I ever put it on the blog, but if I did, you will have to read it again.

ORGANIZED CHAOS

Organized Chaos
Frenetic Frenzy
Intel dropped two
The sky is falling
Sweet juicy Mangos
Picked fresh this morning
A dozen eggs – (brown are best)
One million shares - at market
Trade you mangos for chicken
Oil is up – Buy – NO! Sell
Hand woven shawls in corner stall
Fingers stab the air – one – two – three
Red, green, blue shirts - fluttering birds
Red, gold, green, jackets - prowling foxes
Just like a hen house
Throw food and they swarm

We are getting a welcome rain and I think it is to continue for a day or two. We need it. Maybe it will warm up again too.

Love

Mary

No comments: