Thursday, April 27, 2006

The temperatures have warmed a bit. It was in the 40s when Chelsea and I walked. Chelsea seems to tire a bit lately when we walk. This morning, she pretty much chugged along, but sometimes she will just sit down an look at me for a bit. Like she is catching her breath or something. One morning, she seemed pleased to just shut it down early. Well, she is getting old. She is 84 in people years now.

Dick and I went for our usual breakfast and then grocery shopping. We racked the Marigold Wine today. Now it just has to settle a bit and then we can filter and bottle it. I think I will let it sit for one month because I detected a bit of fizz and that means that the yeast might be working a bit. Better to be ALL done before one sticks a cork in it.

I went to choir tonight and stopped at the Humane Society on the way.

They had told me that they would have the etching for Courtney done by tonight which was their Open House. Then I got a call just before 6:00 telling me they didn't get it done because they had been called on a rescue to Adams County on Monday and it took all evening. So I tried to call Randy and Donna who were going to the open house to take a picture for George and Betsy. They had already left.

Now you know why I went over there. I did manage to be there when Randy and Donna arrived and explained. The Society will call when it is done. They did send a letter of thanks and acknowledgement to George and Betsy. I heard the story of the rescue mission that they had gone on.

There was a couple in Adams County that the Society called dog hoarders. They had 75 dogs in their home. There was a job loss and apparantly the people were running out of funds to feed the animals. They had accumulated them over time from many sources - never had an animal spayed, so they were breeding. The animals had never been on grass. They were out is was only occasionally during the day and then on concrete. It is not known if they are housebroken. The dogs knew only their owners. Apparantly this rescue was done while the animals were still well fed and they are gentle creatures. I saw one of the dogs, a mother with several puppies, in the reception area. She looks well cared for, is very shy and has the cutest litter of nice rolly polly puppies. She is what you would call a sled dog. Her name is Ginger ane I watched as one of the helpers was trying to socialize with her. She was not at all against it but very shy and became very submissive as she accepted petting, literally plastering herself on the ground in front of the volunteer. What a story.

That was my day. How was yours?

Be healthy and happy

Mary

No comments: