Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I think I am getting a cold. (Darn it). I have been sneezing all day and my throat feels funny too.

Today was quiet. I got my hair cut early, then came home and cleaned my desk. I took a nap after lunch and did a bit of sewing. After that I stuffed and sealed 300 envelopes for the Senior Saints at Blessed Trinity. I sent them a little cover letter summarizing what will be happening the rest of the year, an invitation from St. Mary School for them to attend the annual Spring Sing put on by the students and a brochure that I made up for them that lists all the services they can get from Blessed Trinity parishioners and committees in times of need and a few important Sheboygan County Resource numbers.

Tomorrow I will pick up the flowers Betsy wants for Courtney. Tomorrow would be her birthday and she asked that I put pink flowers, preferrably roses on the grave. I called Rick's and he is going to have a bud vase with four pink rosebuds and baby breath ready for me in the morning. Dick and I will then pick up Mother and take her with us. She would like to go out. She said that she wanted to also visit Grandma and Grandpa's graves across the path. I mentioned that when we were leaving the cemetery on Saturday, I mentioned to Dick that I hoped that Grandma & Grandpa weren't hurt that I had not walked over to greet them.

It is comforting to have so many roots in this community. And so many relatives and friends. Our friend Lucy Carderelle says that you can't talk about ANYBODY. Everybody is related or tied in SOME way. She came from somewhere else and is a wonderful person. She seems to be a big mother hen to lots of little old ladies, my Mom among them. She takes them to the Senior meals and several of them shopping and other errands too. There sure are a lot of kind people in this world. Most of them unsung.

I am going to take some nighttime cold medicine and "hit the sack" as Dad would have said. When I was a little girl, Mother used to say "Up the wooden hill to four corners."

Til Tomorrow

Mary

No comments: