Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This was a pleasant day.

This morning was so special. Dick and I went to Rick's Flower Shop this morning and picked up a bud vase with four perfect pink roses and baby's breath to take out to Courtney. Then we picked up Mother so she could go out with us. The day was pleasant. The temperature was a bit low, probably in the low 40s, but it was still and the sun was shining. The yellow roses were pretty much done, so Mother and I replaced them with the roses. A fitting bouquet to give to a lovely girl from HER mom.

Mother and I walked over to say Hi to Grandma and Grandpa Bowser. There is a Legion medallion on Grandpa's grave and the Legion always gives him a flag, though Grandpa Bowser actually never served in any war. Grandma was always very active in the legion and they had three sons who served in WWII so I guess they figure that he deserves it.

Want to hear a cute story about Grandma Bowser? One year my ex husband and I were visiting Wisconsin and stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Bowser's for breakfast the morning that we were leaving. Grandma placed some fresh blueberry muffins on the table, and my ex said. "How come you never make fresh blueberry muffins?" Grandma said that it was really easy and she went into the kitchen and brought in the empty Duncan Heinz box. Needless to say, I got a box or two after we got home.

Now I make them from scratch.

Grandma was quite the woman. Whenever I want to know how to behave like a lady and with dignity, I use her for an example. Did you ever see the picture of her as a young woman? She was a beautiful woman.

I do seem to have caught a cold. I was supposed to go out to Rocky Knoll tomorrow to play bingo with the residents, but cannot go out and infect those people. Now I am going to head for bed.

Have a great evening or morning, whenever you happen to read this.

Mary

No comments: