Saturday, February 18, 2006

The snow has stopped and it is now dangerously cold outside. It never got above 0 degrees today. When we got up, it was 16 below. We haven't seen temps like that in a couple of years. Fortunately, it is supposed to warm up tomorrow and for the next few days.

So we all stayed home today and just puttered around the house. I finished cleaning some cupboards, ironed a bit and am really caught up on computer stuff. It was very peaceful.

Tomorrow, the choir is singing, so I go to mass at 10:30AM, then right out to Rhine to work the shift out there. I will bring my pistol. If it is quiet, I will shoot. Dick said he would take us out for dinner, since I will be busy all day.

I was looking at the song book that I put together for the Deeleys when we used to have sing a longs on St. Patrick's Day, planned by Dad. He had me put some really old, hard to find and hard to remember songs in this book. I found one called Old Sing Sing tonight but can't find Old Herring. The words go this way:

When I'm cleaning old herring.
I'm dreaming of you
When I cut off their heads
And their little tails too
And the smell from the kitchen
Each day stronger grew
When I'm cleaning old herring
I'm dreaming of you.

Later

Mary

No comments: