Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It is just starting to snow a little bit. I saw the flurries when I took Chelsea out for her last "visit" of the night. We are supposed to get 4 to 10 inches between now and Friday morning and then the temperature will drop into single digets. So - Winter is not through with us yet.

Dick decided that we should shop today because of the possible storm and the fact that we have enough to do anyway with doctor visits tomorrow. That meant that my whole day that was supposed to be at home got broken up, so I didn't get to do all that I wanted too. It was OK though. Chelsea and I had a really good walk just before lunch. If this storm is really bad, it may be a couple of days til we get another one.

I tried free arm quilting on the baby quilt for the Guild and ended up ripping it all out. I was not happy with it. I will try another pattern tomorrow and see if I like that. I also cut the final fabric for the final border of the quilt that I have been working on totally by hand while we travel. Then I just have to sandwich it and get it on the rack. I will quilt it by hand also. The cats will love that, they seem to think the quilt is a hammock for them.

Talked to Bret tonight. He is fine. He an friends are going out to the river this weekend for the long Presidents Day holidy. They will boat and jeep, all right around the park where he rents the space for his trailer.

Have a nice Thursday and stay warm.

Mary

No comments: