Friday, February 24, 2006

I finished the baby quilt for the At Risk Babies at Children's Hospital. That is a big cause of the Sheboygan Quilt Guild. Our members make and deliver usually about 200 quilts to the hospital to be given to EVERY baby that goes through the care there. We have also been asked to make little pads for the premies. I haven't done that but feel good making a quilt each year for some little munchkin. I would have treasured such a thing when my Tony was in the hospital during his few months. I treasure his memories anyway. One of my friends who still lives is California told me that she occasionally drives past the graveyard where he is buried and thinks of him. It gives me comfort to know that someone remembers him.

Tomorrow is the 28th Annual Deeley Family Wild Game Dinner and Beer Tasting Contest. WOW. That is really a mouthful. I made my stew today and does it smell good. Tomorrow I will make a loaf of Irish Brown Bread so it will be warm when we take it over there.

We sent a card off to our Sara today. I know it will be late and as Leslie reads this, tell Sara OOPS. We are thinking of her and tell her I still remember going to the hospital when she was born and finding out that Grandma's can go in any time. She was a beautiful baby and is a beautiful girl. I can't believe that she is 19 already.

Tomorrow is SATURDAY ALREADY!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Mary

No comments: