Saturday, December 31, 2005

The last day of 2005. Wonder why we put such significance in the end of one year and the beginning of another. I still find it amazing the the turn of the century causes such a todo. I will never again experience one of them in my lifetime. I guess I am fortunate to have gone through it once. At least in 2000 there was some reason for excitement and trepidation because of the potential computer problem. Actually it was amazing that the programmers did not factor the problem in and it was amazing that most of the problems were corrected beforehand. It always takes more to fix something than to do it right in the first place.

Anyway, we had scalloped potatoes and ham, cauliflower and salad for supper. We also had S'mores made with a couple of the marshmellows that Bobbie made for Christmas Candy. Messy, (when made in the microwave) but very very good.

I spent a good hunk of the afternoon mixing and rolling meatballs for tomorrow. That is why I don't make them often. They are SO good but such a production. It will be nice to have Mother here for dinner. I do like to share the Christmas decorations. It was nice to be the host this year. Next year Bobbie gets the Christmas honor.

I promised to share a picture of the Millinium ball that is housed at the Waterford Factory in Ireland. This is one of the three pictures that I took when Bart and Barb and I were there.


a picture of something



Bart and Barb called last night. It was a rather odd conversation as their phone kept cutting out. They are trying a new Vonage line and said they'd call back but haven't. I will call them on Monday if I haven't heard from them again. Leslie is supposed to be calling this weekend too. I guess she told Jim when she was going to call but I haven't heard.

Chelsea and I went for a walk again today. I plan on upping the route to the full two miles on Monday, depending on weather of course. Today, we saw Sam - the white eskimo that looks like a larger Chelsea, my friend Steve, who lives up the street and that is about all. I am surprised that there are not more children out playing as this is Chirstmas break. But it is damp and cold and perhaps they all got new computer games or are off visiting families.


As the New Year rolls around, remember the poem I shared a few years ago written by the anonymous Scandanavian

May you always have light on a sunny day
When you need to be home may you find the way
May you always have courage to take a chance
And never find frogs in your underpants.

Love

Mary

No comments: