Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It was rather warm today - all the way up to the high 30s. Sure is a welcome relief from those bitter cold days we had early in December. I went to see Dr. Casey today for my monthly back adjustment. He adjusted my foot too and said that since Chelsea and I are walking again, it would be a good idea if we walked after I got home. We did. I am now able to go every day and next week intend to be back to the full route. We are only going about 3/4 of the way now.

I started assembling a quilt top of squares that I have been putting together now and then with a bunch of odd blues that came from somewhere. I can't even remember. But I finally figured out HOW I want to do it and have decided to use a pattern for dogs and cats at the top of it. Hope it works out like my "vision" is showing it. I need to start planning the banners I want to quilt for church. I want to do "The Hand of God" from a Celtic Pin I bought at Irish Fest years ago and a companion piece of a Celtic Cross. I think I will use the pictures that Bart, Barb and I took at Clonmacnoise for the basic pattern.

The rest of the day was very quiet. Jim went up to Appleton to see his friend Dora. He is cooking a meal for her. Quite interesting. I told him how to make the famous Kunert Spinach Casserole.

Here are two more of the Dog's Rules for Christmas.

4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and dcecorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

a. Don't pee on the tree.
b. Don't drink water in the container that holds the tree.
c. Mind your tail when you are near the tree.
d. If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesging or that have your name on them, don't rip them open.
e. Don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny looking hole in the wall to the tree.

5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part.

a. Not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans.
b. Don't eat off the buffet table.
c. Beg for goodies subtly
d. Be pleasant, even if unknowing stangers sit on your sofa.
e. Dont drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.

I'll share the last two tomorrow. Dick and I are going grocery shopping tomorrow. We are afraid that Thursday will again be too busy. After all New Year's is another big weekend and besides all the kids are off school this week.

We had leftover cheese enchalada stacks and the last of the cheesecake for dinner tonight. So the refrigerator is almost managable now. I have decided on Swedish Meatballs and Mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner. Mother and Bobbie and Bill will also be here. Come is you want. We are having Banana Cream Pie too.

Love

Mary

No comments: