Sunday, December 25, 2005

Chelsea is a very VERY tired little girl. Bobbie and Bill got here shortly after 1:00 and Dick and Brenda arrived not too much later than that. Went to Mass and sang at the 9:30. We did quite well. Frankly, our bass section has been lacking but they really came through today. I must tell them how GOOD they sounded at the next practice. We sang Ding Dong Merrily on High and Mary Did You Know.

The ham and mac and cheese were very good. I fixed a green bean dish that you might like to try. Just soften chopped onion, mushrooms ( about a cup each) and a small can of water chestnuts, drained, in olive oil and then add two cans of drained green beans and season with thyme, oregano and basil. Salt and pepper to taste. It was really good.

We always have fun exchanging presents. Did I tell you that Dick got me a new Celtic Cross and a very pretty watch that has a band of Conamara marble beads. Very pretty. He remembered that one of my watches had just died.

The coming week well be quiet. There is no bible study and very little else happening. I am glad. I would like to do some sewing and perhaps get a little writing done. There has been a long dry spell and it is time I do something creative.

An e-mail from a friend.

The Pastor had a kitten that climbed a tree in his back yard and then was afraid to come down. The Pastor coaxed, offered warm milk, etc. The Kitty would not come down. The tree was not sturdy enough to climb, so the pastor decided that if he tied a rope to the tree and attached it to his car, he could drive away and bend the tree down. He could then reach the kitten. He put the plan into effect, all the while checking in his rear view mirror. He decided he could just go a little farther and be able to reach the kitty, but as he moved the car farther the rope broke... The tree sprung and launched the kitty which instantly sailed through the air out of sight. The pastor felt terrible. He looked all over the neighborhood for the kitty but on one had it so he prayed, "Lord, I just commit this kitten to your keeping."

A few days later he met a church member buying cat food, but he knew she was a cat hater so he asked, "Why are you buying cat food, when you hate cats?" She said, "You won't believe this. My daughter kept begging me for a cat so I told her she could have one if God gave it to her. Pastor, she went into the yard, kneeled down on the grass, and prayed to God for a cat. And really, Pastor, I saw it with my own eyes!
a Kitten suddenly came flying out of the blue sky and landed right in front of her!"


Love

Mary

No comments: