Saturday, December 24, 2005

What a busy day. I got a lot of prep work done for the dinner tomorrow. Chelsea and I went for a lovely walk this afternoon. It was rather foggy and a bit damp but the temperatures were pleasant enough and Chelsea was certainly a happy little puppy.

This evening, before dinner, Dick, Jim and I exchanged our presents and opened the ones we got from Bret. That is always fun. We were all very happy with our gifts. I got some beautiful jewelry from Dick again, Frank Mc Court's new book and two DVDs of classic horror and sci fi movies. Jim got both Dick and me new wireless keyboards and mouses. It will be so nice not struggling with those cords AND the kitties. Bret sent sweatshirts, a cookie jar and a set of bath and shower stuff. It will be usefull as I have been taking soaky baths to ease up the muscle aches in my legs.

We had pizza tonight. I fixed it the way I used to for the kids and I when I was in a hurry.

Defrost a loaf of frozen bread and let it rise. Then squishit out into somewhat of a round on a pizza stone (a cookie sheet or pizza pan will work as well).

Spread sauce on it (I had some leftover spaghetti sauce but tomato sauce sprinkled with oregano, garlic and any other Italian spices works as well).

Top it with mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni (or anything else you like on pizzas. I used to slice hot dogs on it for a meal for the boys and me.)

Top with grated cheeses and bake it for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

Boy is it ever good and hearty.

Tomorrow the choir is singing at the 9:30AM Mass, then I will stop at Mother's and take her presents to her. Dick, Brenda, Bobbie and Bill will be here at about 1:00. We will visit and do presents and then eat at about 4:00. It should be a very nice Christmas. I hope we talk to Bret, Bart and Leslie as it is a special day. Wish they could be here for the ham, mac and cheese and Triple Chocolate Poteen Upside Down Cheesecake.



Merry Christmas Eve.


Mary

No comments: