Monday, December 26, 2005

Today was really nice and rather quiet. I took two naps but am still very tired. I had a difficult last night as my ankle started bothering me and I got very little sleep after 2:00AM.

Dick and Brenda were here through breakfast. I had cranberry scones and scrambled eggs with fresh onion and cream cheese. Then they left to go visit their mother in Cleveland WI. Jim joined them and said they had a nice visit. Their Mother had surgery a couple of weeks ago but is recovering nicely now and Jim said she feels pretty good.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk early this afternoon. She is so pleased and so am I to be getting out and stretching again. My ankle did get a bit sore so we did not do the WHOLE route but still got some kinks out. I also took two naps today. I am really rather tired. Hopefully tonight will be a better night than last. Chelsea is also exhausted and is trying to catch up on her sleep. We certainly are becoming aware that she is getting older. She needs more rest and does not feel that she has to stay awake the WHOLE time we have company.

Fr. Gene published A DOG'S RULES FOR CHRISTMAS in the bulletin this week. I will give you a couple a day because they are very funny.

1. Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.

2. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.


More tomorrow.

We had ham and mac and cheese again for dinner. It was still just as good as yesterday.

Have a nice Tuesday. We are rapidly sliding out of 2005.

Love

Mary

No comments: