Sunday, January 01, 2006

The meatballs were really good. I fixed a great cabbage dish also. I browned chopped bacon in a big frying pan. Then I added one tablespoon of butter, a chopped onion, a cup of celery, some chopped fresh green, red or yellow peppers, a small cabbage shredded and a can of mushrooms liquid and all. Steam until done then salt and pepper to taste.

I am always pleased to have Mother here on New Year's Day. Bobbie and Bill often join us so we have a nice full table and lots of great conversation.

The Packers won. Such a relief, though Jim says their timing is bad. They should have lost to maintain draft picks. I figure winning is always better than losing. As a coach in little league told Bart's team after their first game, which they lost. He said, "Did you have fun?" They all hollared "Yes!" He said, "Good and it is even MORE fun when you win."

I hope you have fun whatever you do this coming year. And I hope you win.

Mary

No comments: