Tuesday, January 03, 2006

January 3rd. Social Security day at the bank. When I worked in Plymouth, they always had cookies for the elderly who came in to do their banking on the third of every month when their checks arrived or appeared in their accounts as a direct deposit. Such a nice simple thing to do to make people happy. They usually got the cookies from the Pig. The Pig really DOES have great cookies.

Dick and I are using this week for a blast off, clean out the system of sweets and monitering the food week - starting today. Today was easy, I hope the rest of the week seems so.

I picked up some footware for Dick to wear around the house and hopefully to help while his feet are so swollen. We have an appointment to get his sox right after his doctor's appointment on Thursday. That will really be a big day. Shopping, blood check, Dr. Phelan and the sox check at Fessler's Drug store.

Tomorrow, I REALLY should get to stay home. I have tried since Sunday an alway end up having to do something. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day.

It was warm and rainy again today and all the snow is gone. Supposed to be warm the rest of the week. Dick says it is the January thaw. I walked again today and find that I am building back up again. I really think that it will probably be spring before my ankle stops aching. I think I need warm.

I did some sewing downstairs and when I came up, found that Dick is watching the Orange Bowl. The game is fine but they had some group or person singing, (I guess) during the half and it was awful. Perhaps I am getting old, but I just can't see singers that rely on their actions to BE the performance and you never hear the lead singers voice, just the amplified, distorted mumbling. Anyway, I didn't like it.

Got the following from a friend today. I know that I have seen similar postings but this is a good time to share the thought.

Happy New Year, this is God.

This year, as with every year, I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember, I do not need your help.

If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.

Kindly put it all in the SFJTD BOX. (Something for Jesus to Do)
It will be addressed in my time, not yours. Please be patient.

Once the matter has been placed in the box, do not hold onto it. Do not become impatient and take it back to see if you can find a solution.

Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. You must surrender the problem to Me for proper resolution.

If a situation you think you cannot handle arises, please consult Me in prayer. Together we will come up with proper resolution.

If you do not receive what you anticipate as proper response
from Me, remember--some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayer.

Because I do not sleep, there is no need for you to lose any.
Rest, my child...if you need me, I am but a prayer away.

-Author unknown



Mary

No comments: