Monday, November 07, 2005

Today was a VERY busy day. But tomorrow and the next day are totally free. I shouldn't have to leave the house at all (unless we run out of milk.)

The day started out with Bible Study. I also took down the candles, book of names and risers of the display of the deceased from the altar. I got home just in time to fix lunch. Shortly after lunch, Bobbie and I went out to the Kettles to scope out our spots for deer hunting season. I think I mentioned that Dick and I will be still on the road coming back from Branson on opening day, SO I am planning on going out on Monday and Tuesday to see if I can harvest anything. Bobbie is planning on going with me and maybe Shane or one of the Carpenter boys will join us.

It was a truly lovely day to be out in the woods and we found a few hickory nuts too. Bobbie has quite a bag full of them already and is planning on making a hickory nut pie for Thanksgiving. She did this once before and it is even better than pecan pie which is heavenly. I don't make tree nut desserts as a rule because of Jim's allergy.

Tonight we had our Rhine Plymouth Conservation Club meeting so I just got home a bit ago. It is 9:20PM now. The Indy/New England game is about at the half and Indy is ahead. Thank heavens. I need the points. This was not one of my better weeks. Stupid Minneapolis was SUPPOSED to lose for one thing.

I was remembering Grandpa Deeley tonight. He smoked a pipe. That is probably why my Dad smoked a pipe when he smoked. Grandpa was famous for giving his grandsons a corncob pipe when they were WAY to young to be thinking of smoking. He really liked smoking a corncob. My cousin Patty told me one time that he was known for getting such a hot fire stoking in the bowl that he would burn out the bottom of the pipe. As I said, Dad smoked a pipe. He used half and half tobacco and to this day the smell of that tobacco gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. There aren't many pipe smokers around these days though. Cigar smoking seems to be on the upswing however much to my dismay.

Have a nice tomorrow. I intend to.

Mary

No comments: