Friday, November 11, 2005

I got the sharpshooter trophy for pistol league at Rhine tonight. Since I was the only one in my class, I would not feel that this was a great accomplishment, except that my average improved immensely since the last league. Bobbie and Jim each got trophies also. Bobbie got the Expert trophy. Jim will be pleased because that means that he beat Frank, his main competition.

We had really great food for the bust up dinner. Sara Behr made chicken soup with some frozen chicken legs and thighs that we had in the freezer and german potato salad. Gary Hefter made beef and gravy for sandwiches and cooked up some brats that we had frozen with some sauekraut. Bill Olson brought his "famous peach cobbler" which is always a treat. I am literally stuffed.

Next league starts on January 6. Jim and I will continue to go out on Sunday afternoons as often as we can to practice and I will practice trap unless it is too cold. I don't like to get too cold.

I believe that all my errands that had to be done before the trip are finished. Tomorrow, I just have to pick up a pan of stuffing to bake for the turkey dinner on Sunday. Then in the evening the Friends of Mead Public Library are hosting a fundraiser dinner in the quiet reading room at Mead. Bernie Markovich is cooking the dinner which begins with wine and hors d'oeuvres at 5:30PM. We have been promised these plus a delicious dinner and dessert, all to be done in time to get us to the Stephanie Weill Center down the street for the evening's Symphony Orchestra performance. This concert will present the second of the four finalists for the new conductor of the Sheboygan Symphony. We missed the first one as we were in Washington D. C. Bill and Bobbie said that he was very. Good. Dick and I will have to decide between the three that we see. Sheboygan will miss Guy Bordo, the conductor for the past many years. But things do nothing if they do not occasionally change and I am sure a new conductor will bring new ideas and many new things to the community.

I bought a new fanny pack for the trip. On the Washington Trip, a pen leaked all over the old one which was such a wonderful size and shape. I hope I picked another that I like as well. I really never know until it is broken in.

If all the world was apple pie
And all the seas were ink
And all the trees were bread and cheese
What would we have to drink.

That just popped in to my head. It was a beautiful day. I hope it holds out through the weekend but my understanding is that the weather is going to turn.

Love

Mary

No comments: