Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I got to stay home ALL day. It was really a lovely day too though there is thunder and rain outside now and Chelsea is a trembly little puppy. This was not a great day for her. I gave her a bath this morning too. She looks beautiful, of course, but she would just as soon stay dirty and a bit smelly. She is not a really doggy smelling creature actually.

I wasn't bored today, I will tell you. I got the Senior Saints program to explain Medicare D all set up and pretty much finished the flyer that will go out to our mailing list. Tomorrow, I will write a couple of notices for the Sheboygan Falls News and for the Sheboygan Press. I really need to have that done BEFORE Dick and I leave next week. The 20th is really too late to send notices out.

I am still in 15th out of 18th place in the Fantasy Football League. I just can't seem to get above that. Well, I can keep plunging along. I will actually have to do two weeks picks this weekend and just have to refine the second when we get back from the trip.

The Hmoung man who killed the six hunters over in the western part of the state was sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentances so he will never get out of prison. I am glad that we do not have the death penalty. I do not believe in a life for a life. God can take care of that and will in His own time. I wonder now, how Mr. Vang will fare in prison. There are some crimes that criminals don't like and they seem to deal out their own form of punishment.

Have a nice Wednesday. I am sure glad we are not in France right now. (or any other time frankly) But now with all their riots, it must be just awful. So much unrest in the world. It would be so nice if we could all just try to be kind to each other.

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TO DIE FOR

6 oz. Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
3 eggs-Separated
3 Tbsp. water
1 Tsp. Instant Coffee
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Blackberry Brandy

Stir instant coffee powder into boiling water in small heavy saucepan until completely dissolved. Add chocolate, place over low heat, stirring, just until chocolate is melted.

Remove from heat.

Whisk egg yolks into chocolate mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in brandy and vanilla. Beat egg whites in a medium sized bowl until foamy, gradually beat in sugar - a tablespoon at a time - until meringue forms soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into parfait glasses. Refrigerate at least one hour.

Garnish with whipped cream. Add a candied rosebud and mint leaf if you wish.

Recipe says 8 servings, I always make it 5. You COULD use any brandy but the flavored add such a great taste.

By by



Mary

No comments: