Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It was a blustery day. Even more blustery than I think Winnie the Pooh experienced. We had cold bursts and long winds all day. I went out. I really did not want to but we were about out of milk and I needed to get stamps for the Gun Club. So I went. I got gas while I was out and was almost literally blown away. I started dispensing the gas and a big wind came out of the west and I had to grab on to the truck to keep myself on this earth. There is the old Irish saying. "An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hang on to one blade of grass and not fall off of the face of the earth." I had not had a drop and there was not a blade of grass on that pavement but I managed to hang on anyway.

Mother is going to celebrate her 90th birthday on January 21 of 2005. I have gotten messages from George and Nora wondering what we are doing. I had been under the impression that Eileen was working on planning something but when I called her tonight she said that she had just been asking Mother what she wanted to do.

SO - I called Mother and just asked her what she wanted. She wants a family dinner followed by a reception with cake and perhaps snack for friends following the dinner.
So - I can let George and Nora know what is up. Her birthday is on a Saturday, so that will work quite well. She seemed amenable to the Villager and I am sure they will go a little bit special for MOM. Now I will let Eileen know and e-mail George and Nora so that they can make their plans.

Tomorrow I will be joining three other gals from the Sheboygan County Writers Club to judge the entries that we have received for the writing contest that we sponsered with the Sheboygan Press for middle school students in the Sheboygan School District, public, private and home schools. We have about 30 entries and Jane said that Ann (who finds poetry beyond her grasp) does not want to judge the poetry. We also have essays so there will be plenty for the four of us to do and we will take a break for lunch. I am looking forward to spending three hours or so with these ladies. I will miss the meeting this month because we will be in Branson so I need my "push" to do something. It is really easy to put writing or quilting on the back burner when I don't get a push once in a while.

Enjoy your Thursday. It is downhill all the way to Saturday now.

Love

Mary

No comments: