Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dick and I had a lovely evening. The Friends of Mead Public Library, as I mentioned last night, I believe, had a fundraiser dinner in the Quiet Reading Room at Mead. As we walked in, we were offered glasses of wine and members of the board walked around with trays of delicious hors d'oeuvres - specialties of the board members such as marinated mushrooms, crackers with chese and homemade chutney and flavered cream cheese wraps cut into pinwheels. The meal was prepared by Berni Markovich. He had a wonderful salad with greens, apple, dried cranberries and nuts, followed by a plate of veggies and potatoes, accompanied by a pork chop and applesauce. We also had apple pecan pie.

We then walked over to the Weill Center for the Symphony. It was also a treat ending with a dynamic presentation of Bolero. This was the second of the conductors in the running for the job, and we liked him. I am really sorry that we couldn't see the first one. The ticket holders WILL have a small say in the selection of the new one, along with the members of the orchestra and the board.

Anyway, I am now very tired so will close this up and go to bed. I got some of my packing for Branson done today. I also got the last of my hanging pots into the garage. It is supposed to snow while we are gone and the ground could freeze. In that case, I would never get the pots emptied so decided to do it while I could. It was actually very pleasant today, in the mid 50s, though we did have a BIT of rain this evening.

Love.

Mary

No comments: