Sunday, September 04, 2005

The day started out gloriously. Chelsea and I started on our walk at about 5:45AM. It was just getting light and was kind of cloudy. As we came back down the street the sun rose high enough to send coral glow onto the clouds to the west and then all of a sudden - A RAINBOW appeared in the west. Such a surprise. As we got to a clear spot I could actually see the other end of the arc between the houses. What a special way to start the day. Must mean luck, since this was the sign of the Lord in the Old Testament. Why Not!

This afternoon, I worked at Rhine. It was quite slow, so I was able to practice my pistol shooting. It was mixed today. The first was really bad but my gun was jamming. The second was better and the last was good. I was also able to shoot a round of trap and got a 16 so it was and OK use of time.

Then Dick, Jim and I went over to Randy's for the party. It was a good time had by all. Lots of hugs, good food and visiting. We decided to acknowledge that three of our own will be hitting the magic age of 60 this year; Jeff, this month - Ken - November and Fred - December. We then found out that Aunt Joan, Pat's wife, is turning 60 in October so we had another to add to the list. They were surprised and pleased.

I made them all cards and found a quote for each of them. Here are the quotes.

"If you live long enouth the vererablility factor creeps in; you get accused of things you never did and praised for virtues you never had." I. F. Stone

"I'm just turning 40 and taking my time about it." Harold Lloyd (in his 70's)

"So, lively brisk old fellow, don't let age get you down. White hairs or not, you can still be a lover." Goethe

Tomorrow Dick starts his all liquid diet, so we will not be a cheerful place around here. Thank the Lord it is only for one day.

Mary

No comments: