Friday, September 09, 2005

Another BUSY day. The church is decorated. That was my last stop.

The morning started quietly enough. I did my usual Friday kitchen cleaning. Then ironed Dick's shirts. At noon, Dick and I joined George and Betsy and Betsy's mother Dorothy, Jeff and Kathy and Mother at The Other Place for a really great fish lunch. I had not been in the Other Place in years. When I was a kid, it was called Fitz's and had a bowling alley in the basement (we wonder if the alleys are still there.) Jeff used to make money setting pins. There were no automatic pinsetters at Fitz's. The Other Place has expanded some in the past several years and now has a larger dining area that takes up the ajacent building. Interestingly enough, that adjacent building was my Uncle Jack's, Deeley's Men's Wear store.

The fish lunch was fantastic. I ate every bite and just snacked a bit for supper.

I had to leave at about 5:00PM because pistol league started this week and since I won't be here Sunday OR next Friday, I decided that I had better get a start. The first target was a bit wild, but the other two were better. I still have a long way to go, but am improving each league.

After I finished there I went to church. The church looks beautiful. We have decorated in green, white and orange, the colors of the Irish flag. Stan and Linda brought lots of beautiful fresh asparagus ferns and we have them mixed with white and orange mums and green plants.

Tomorrow, I will be going to the Aestival Festival with Sylvia and Jane from Writer's Club. I am looking forward to the break and feel that I have done all I can for Celtic Faire anyway.

I even am all packed for the trip to D. C. So, I should be able to relax and enjoy the conference.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Love

Mary

No comments: