Monday, September 05, 2005

Today was a lovely day. Mid to high 70s, sunny with blue blue skies. Actually I was in most of the day. Didn't have to do any cooking because Dick had his liquid diet thing going today and I the chili for Jim and me. Boy is that chili good.

I started sewing a Christmas Tree Skirt together today. I found an easy assembly pattern which I am tweaking a bit. Instead of pieced squares all around, I want to applique the animals of Christmas, one in each square. I can think of sheep, camel, donkey, dove and cow. Can you think of three more? Let me know, otherwise, I will have to repeat some of them, as I need eight panels filled.

Now I am worried about all those poor housepets that had to be left in New Orleans when the evacuations were conducted. I think I may do a little investigating. I sent some money when all those zoo animals were starving in Iraq. I feel even more motivated to help animals in our own country.

Tomorrow I get to be the nurse.

You have a great day

Mary

No comments: