Sunday, May 01, 2005

Well, it was a strange Sunday.

Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. However, as we were coming back down the street to the house, I saw a crow fly up to the rooftop accross the street with a carcass in it's mouth. When we turned into the driveway, lo and behold, there was a pile of rabbit parts. The parts were mostly fur but there were a few pieces of intestine mixed in and I had to pull a very interested dog away from the mess. I cleaned it up after church. ICH!!!!!

Then after church, which was just fine. Jim, Bobbie and I went shooting. I tried to use the tips that they gave me at the Pistol Course and shot a O - yes a NOTHING. I went back to the way I was doing it and got in the fifties and sixties. What a bummer. I asked Del if I could throw the one out because I was trying information given to me by the training and he said in effect - tough doobee , don't listen to anyone but me - which is a crock too. Excuse me but I really got upset by the whole thing. I left the 0 in the slot and I believe that I will not shoot out this league. There are only two women shooting at this point. I see no sense in finishing and getting a token trophy just because I shot. I will continue shooting with Jim but not league and try again when Fall League starts.

That was the day and I am glad that it is over. This is a busy week, starting tomorrow when I take Mother for her annual physical. She is so funny, she says she does not want any unusual testing, even her mammogram, which I understand. She just wants to be sure everything is OK. She looks good and is very busy so we are sure there will be nothing untowards.

Have a good first week of May. Happy May Day. I remember when I was a little girl taking baskets to the neighbors on May Day. They don't do that any more.

Love

Mary

No comments: