Thursday, May 05, 2005

Another disappointing day hunting. Actually, I saw a lot of wildlife, just not many turkeys. I only saw seven today, compared with 13 yesterday. Actually, I think I saw two twice (going both directions) so only spotted 5. None were close enough for a shot. I am sure one was a Jake.

I did see four deer, a squirrel and numerous birds.

Ken did get a shot off at a big Tom but missed it. I left the field at about 11:30AM as I had choir AND council tonight and needed a little rest this afternoon.

Ken was staying out for at least part of the afternoon. If he didn't get one, we will PROBABLY go out again on Saturday at least for a couple of hours. Might as well try.

I was able to stay at choir at least long enough to practice the two songs we are singing on Saturday evening. I will have to practice AVE VERUM all by myself pretty soon. We are singing that next weekend.

Council went pretty well with very little dissention and a lot was covered.

Tomorrow is a "day off". We will shop and take Mother to the clinic for her blood tests and then come home and STAY.

It was a lovely day. Chilly this morning. We started in the field at 37 degrees. But it got all the way up to 60 and was warm and comfortable.

Have a nice Friday. Today is Ascension Thursday. We celebrate it on the following Sunday now. How odd. It is kind of like the Monday holiday bill.


Love

Mary

No comments: