Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This afternoon, I met Uncle Ken out at the turkey hunting fields so that we could scope out our places and get ready for tomorrow morning. We will be meeting at 4:30AM or thereabouts to hike out and be ready when the sun comes up. Turkeys start moving around at dawn and are pretty active for the first couple of hours at least. This will be my year, I hope. Ken and I are both very optimistic anyway. I will be hitting the sheets early tonight so I have as much rest as possible.

This morning was very chilly and damp again but the sun came out this afternoon and it gor up to the low 50s. Tomorrow it is supposed to creep up into the 60s though I reckon it will be chilly when we are hiking out and for the first hour or so of the hunt.

Dick and I went shopping this morning and I also got my hair cut, so it really was a VERY active day again.

Today is Bart and Barb's eighth wedding anniversary. It does not seem 8 years but a lot has happened since then. And I know that her young sons, Adam and Timothy, are now fine young men and Adam is even a Dad. Wow. Anyway, a long happy life to them and prayers for continuing healing for Bart. The pain is pretty much under control now.

Simone Signoret said regarding Marriage. "Pains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. thatn's what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex."

I think we will have a pretty lazy dinner tomorrow. Something frozen that I can just heat up. It is, after the hunting, the last Basic Pistol class.

I'll check in and let you know about the hunt.

Mary

No comments: