Sunday, April 03, 2005

Today was beautiful. It got up into the upper 50's and I went out and cleaned out the herb garden. Chives are coming up and I saw a bit of green on the thyme and parsley.

This morning there was a lady duck in the yard when I left for church.

Daylight saving time has begun and because of it I believe that Chelsea will no longer be waking me up at 4 to 4:30 in the morning. Especially if I don't tell her.

We really enjoyed the Fireside's presentation of West Side Story. The dancing was fantastic. At the end, I must confess that I was crying. Dick shed a tear or two also and commented that all around the stage, he saw people, notably the men, taking off their glasses and wiping their eyes. We had a great meal of stuffed pork chop, garlic potatoes, green beans and applesauce, preceded by a salad and followed by a wonderful chocolate, cappachino dessert.

While we were in the Fireside, Pope John Paul II passed away. I am sure he is very happy to be through with this life, as he was in such respiritory distress and failing so fast. I pray for his safe journey.

Here is the second poem that I sent to Milwaukee Art Museum. It is based on a pencil,pen, gray ink and watercolor piece by Karl Friedrich Schinkel - A Gothic Cathedral Behind Trees CA.1813/15

My piece is as follows:

A GOTHIC CATHEDRAL

Like the Gulliver's Laputa or the Isle of Avalon
She appears mist-like above primeval trees below.
God's house
So near
And yet a distant dream
Floats in lacy splendor
Against a canvas sky.



Love

Mary

No comments: