Tuesday, April 05, 2005

We have had windows and the patio door open since noon today. It was absolutely beautiful and the cats have been extremely happy. They love the smells and sights and sounds of the outside. I am sure if they actually got out there, they would be terrified.

I remember one time when I lived along the Sheboygan River in Sheboygan Falls, Waylon, Mr. Tough Guy, got out the backdoor one day and headed straight down the hill towards the water. I paniced and started after him. He got about 1/3 of the way down, when he paused and looked around. He immediately realized that he was totally out of his realm. Trees were looming above him and the river was rushing LOUDLY by him. He turned around, saw me and ran back. Then he climbed me like a tree and wrapped his front paws around my neck as if to say, "Why did you let me do this? Get me out of here." I wish I could say that he never sneaked out again, but he wasn't quite that bright. I did notice though that after that, if he did get out, he seemed to try to keep me or whomever was chasing him just close enough that he could reach us in a hurry.

Mother Theresa said "The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis , but rather the feeling of being unwanted."

Everybody needs to feel special and wanted. Somewhere in the Torah is says (I am paraphrasing) Every child needs to feel that God created the world just for him.


Love

Mary

No comments: