Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Holy Thursday Service is over. It is a nice service, with the washing of the feet and all. The Kindercore sang during the washing of the feet and we sang during the offertory. After Mass, I walked Mother home. I prefer she be walked home - in the dark especially. She is fine, but the macular degeneration makes her perception a little iffy and she sometimes is a bit unsteady.

After Mass, the bell choir practiced. We are named the Trinity Tones.

I dyed part of my eggs today. The tumeric made a gorgeous yellow color butcranberries did not work well, I got kind of a funny brown by adding onion skins to the water. Tomorrow I will pick up some beets and try a pink.

Dick's dentist appointment was a disappointment to say the least. He is in need of major cap replacements and will be spending hours in the chair in May. Please pray for him. That is such a difficult experience.

I noticed that some of my day lillies and bulbs are starting to peek above ground. Do you believe it? I couldn't as we have had continual freezing every night, but there they are - bits of green poking out of the soil. I tell you -- SPRING IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWAKENING

Morning is a gentle time.
Time for meandering and meditating.
Meditating on the day ahead, the day past.
Past the wakening houses, I walk.
Walk with my furry companion.
Companion who listens but makes no judgements.
Judgements, I make myself, as we wander.
Wander through the streets, listening.
Listening to the world awakening.
Awakening birds chirp hesitantly.
Hesitantly, then hungrily as they soar.
Soar into the air where I would like to be.
Be free from constraints.
Constraints that keep my feet planted.
Planted on the ground.


by me

Kind of a spring thing.

Love

Mary

No comments: