Sunday, January 23, 2005

When I drove to church this morning the temperature was -2. It warmed up to 21 by this afternoon however, and Chelsea and I had a very nice walk when it did. Then, right after her walk, she got really hyper. She ran around like a crazy dog and we had a heck of a time settling her down.

Went shooting. My average for the three was pretty good. My first one was the best - a 61 but the others were in the upper 40s so I am happy.

Tonight we went to a new Thai restuarant. We were very pleased, I had a chicken veggie dish with a peanut curry sauce and pork rice. I tried fried bananas and was not impressed with them, but I sure liked the rice and chicken. We WILL go back. They were very friendly and the service was good to go along with the food.

Mother sent a picture of Great Grandpa and Grandma Uelman with all their children, including, of course, Grandma Matie Bowser. What a handsome group and what a great picture. I am having Jim scan it and if it scans well, I will copy it for the brothers and sisters. Grandma sure was a beautiful woman. I can see why Grandpa John fell for her.

I talked to Barbara last night. She and Bart were worried about us because of all the snow reports and I think they secretly wanted to gloat a bit because they are out of all of this. It is "cold" there now. They are getting temperatures in the 40s. Last week, they had to go to Oklahoma City for some medicine for Bart and he went with her to a quilt show. She said that he got a little bored but was interested in the things that the embroidery machines can do and was very patient. He is doing well most days and is content. I just want my boys and girls to be happy and content.

A friend is someone who knows
the song in your heart
and can sing it back to you
when you have forgotten
the words.;

-- Unknown



Sing the song in your heart and if you are blessed, someone will hear.

Mary

No comments: