Saturday, October 16, 2004

The Badgers are impressive anyway. Every week, Dick says that they are playing a really tough teams, then they come back and win. Today it is a real nail biter. There is a little over a minute left, Purdue has the ball and the game is 20/17 Wisconsin. I'll just keep going here until the game is over now.

Tomorrow, I will be singing at the 10:30 Mass and then have to go to Rhine Plymouth to work. It is chilly this weekend and was rainy and windy today. The wind was strong enough that it was blowing the deck chairs accross the floor. It finally died down enough for me to go out and stack them.

We had a pot roast for dinner. Pick and Save had this deal. If you bouth the pot roast (which was all seasoned and everything) you got a package of Lipton Noodles, brown and serve rolls and a package of mixed vegetables. Wow such a deal and it was a great roast. It made the best gravy too.

Wow - the Purdue kicker, who is REALLY good, he has never missed a field goal before - just missed the field goal with 24 seconds to go and the Badgers kneeled on it and WON. Poor Purdue - it was their homecoming too. The Badgers actually have a chance for Rose Bowl again.

What a day. I have everything I need for Tisket a Tasket - a fundraiser for the Literacy Council. I am donating a basket with two books, the Maid Mother Crone wall hanging, tea, cookies and a cup. I need to deliver it next Friday.

I also am making headway on the stocking I am making for the Festival of Trees. I have used all different batiks and am machine appliqueing a candle on the front with a white fur collar. It will be OK.

"An East coast Ivy League atheist professor was teaching a university class and he told the class that there is no God. He said, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I will give you 15 minutes." Ten minutes passed with the professor all the while taunting God. "Here I am, God, I'm still waiting!" As the last minute approached he snugly smiled.

A young U.S. Marine, just released from active duty and newly registered in the class walked up to the professor and hit him full force on the chin. This sent him flying from his platform and crashing to the floor. The professor struggled up, badly shaken and yelled, "What is wrong with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine replied, "God was busy. He sent the Marines!"

I like that. God does use us you know.

Have a great Sunday.

Mary


No comments: