Friday, October 15, 2004

Just came home from Rhine where I shot three targets for pistol league. I am doing much better than I did last spring. This week, the first target was low and two were outside of the scoring area. The second, they were better but I overadjusted an two were ABOVE the scoring area. The last one was GREAT. All ten shots scored and five were in the black. Hope I remember exactly what I did next week, when I shoot again.

I read something very interesting in a new book on Celtic spirituality that I bought recently called Stories of the Celtic Soul Friends by Edward C. Sellner. He says that a scripture scholar named Marcus Borg says that the word believe did not originally mean believing in a set of abstract documents or teachings put forth by a religious institution to maintain standards or require unquestioning loyalty. Rather its Greek and Latin roots mean "to give one's heart to." I like that and think I will use that meaning from now on.

Have a nice weekend.

Mary


No comments: