Monday, August 09, 2004

Today was SUCH a busy day. I had Bible Study at 9:30AM. Writers Club at 1:00PM, a meeting about the Celtic Mass at 3:30PM and trap at 5:00PM. All things I LOVE to do. Sometimes they do all come "to onst".

I read a poem that I have written about my Grandpa Deeley. I wrote it to send to the Irish Fest Poetry contest. Hopefully, they will receive it as well at the club did. Sy Regan, seemed to especially enjoy it as he knew my Grandpa. Grandpa was Sy's confirmation sponser. Sy is the same kid who brought the creeping charlie to Dad thinkin that it was a pretty plant.

As I sent it to the contest, I will share it with you after the judging. Win or not. There are usually tons of entries so I figure that the odds are slim. However, I did win this contest a few years ago so I know that it CAN happen.

I also read one of Matthew's poems at the meeting. I can share that with you.

IN ANSWER TO YOUR POEM

how wonderful! you fear for my life
but you should know
life is death
and death is life
and the mysteries
of the unknown empires of quietus
offer more
than life can hold in its hand

by Matthew Deeley

Have a good day

Love Mary

No comments: