Thursday, August 12, 2004

There are several rooms or even whole homes rented out in Hunters Glen to the golfers at the PGA.

This morning Chelsea and I were on our walk and she barked at a man putting his clubs into a van supplied by an area car dealer for the golfers. We greeted each other and I asked his name. He is Brendon Jones, an Australian Golfer. I wished him luck. He golfed a par today, better than Tiger Woods, but still only one of 21 at par. There were 39 under par so he has a way to go. If I see him tomorrow, I will tell him that I am impressed anyway because I am.

It was cool again today. It was, however, nice enough that I could trim the hedge around the birdbath. It was indeed in need of a "shave and a haircut." Tomorrow, I will do a bit more if I get time.

Ronan Tynan is singing at Ravine Park in Kohler on Saturday night at 7:30. I believe I will go. He is a wonderful Irish tenor who sings with the Irish Tenors . He is a study in courage, having had to have both of his legs amputated. He has gone on to thrill his audiences with his voice and his ability to even dance a short jig or two.

Have a great Friday.

Mary

No comments: