Friday, August 13, 2004

Today, I got corn again for our supper. I believe that I have mentioned, maybe more than once, that during the sweet corn season, we eat corn and tomatoes for supper EVERY Friday. Anyway, I have been getting it from the Farmers Market in Plymouth. They get theirs from around Ripon or at least south and west of us. It is good Wisconsin Corn. BUT, I have been checking Wingerts in Sheboygan Falls. And today they were OPEN. So we had their corn and it was wonderful. I have started freezing the leftovers for winter.

In my travels, I drove past Sheboygan Falls High School and remembered my Bart in his Freshman year. He had decided to get himself in shape and had started running an watching his diet and all. Part of his plan was to join the basketball team in high school. So he went to the first practice. I picked him up after and he was in pretty poor shape. They had run laps and done whatever for almost two hours and he was literally green. We started out and he said he was going to be sick. I offered to pull over but he said to just get home. He was not sick to his stomach but was exhausted and sore (and dehydrated, I suppose.)

What a gutsy guy he was. He went back the next day and in a short time he WAS in shape and doing the game without any more pain. I was SO proud of him. He has always been determined if he gets a target to aim at.

Got pictures from my nephew Matt of the new baby boy Coleton. He is just precious. I printed copies for Mother and dropped them off this afternoon too.

Busy day but a good one. I am content.

Love

Mary

No comments: