Sunday, August 29, 2004

Some trees are starting to show color already. I guess that isn't so unusual, but we have not had a real summer to speak of, so it does not seem fair to us. It was 49 degrees when Chelsea and I went for our walk this morning. However, it got up to the low 70s and was sunny and clear this afternoon while I was working at Rhine Plymouth Field and Stream. I even scored a couple of rounds of trap today. A good thing since I should keep up on it. Today was a bit slow so it was pleasant.

From Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. Just a whimisical verse from The Walrus and the Carpenter. He was SO descriptive.

The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright-
(And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.)

Have a nice Monday.

Mary

No comments: